Listen here or wherever you get your podcasts.
Hello, and welcome back to Equity, the podcast about the business of startups, where we unpack the numbers and nuance behind the headlines.
Our Monday show covers the latest in tech news from the weekend and what’s making headlines early in the week. Here’s the rundown from this morning:
- Stocks are up in most of the world, except China. The Chinese economy has been a significant topic of conversation lately, with concerns around credit appetite, debt levels, housing costs and government activity.
- Crypto prices are sharply down compared to a week ago, and NFT platform Recur will soon be no more.
- The partial retrenchment of Cruise in San Francisco is a bummer. Given how badly people drive in general, we’re hoping progress doesn’t slow further on the self-driving front.
- Are IPOs back? Kinda, maybe. The good news is that recent data from Instacart and Databricks indicate that we could see some filings soon.
- To close things out: Threads is getting a web app, and Enough raised a big round for mushroom-based proteins.
That’s all we have for you this morning! See you Wednesday!
For episode transcripts and more, head to Equity’s Simplecast website.
Equity drops at 7 a.m. PT every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, so subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the casts. TechCrunch also has a great show on crypto, a show that interviews founders and more!