- Microsoft is rolling out a preview of Windows 11 22H2 (build 22621.2213).
- The update is available in the Release Preview Channel as KB5029351.
- This non-security update addresses several problems and rolls out a few improvements.
Microsoft is rolling out the Windows 11 build 22621.2213 as the update KB5029351 in the Release Preview Channel. The update is available as an optional update with new changes, non-security fixes, and improvements that the company plans to make available as an automatic install the August during the Patch Tuesday rollout.
According to the announcement on the official support website, the update introduces various non-security fixes, including fixes regarding the Group Policy Service, print jobs, disk partitions, Remote Desktops, Start menu, high processor usage, and more.
In addition, this flight also adds new functionality that affects app defaults, rolls out a new hover behavior to the search box gleam, introduces a new policy called “Enable optional updates,” and improves the reliability of the Search app.
Windows 11 22H2 update KB5029351
These are all the new features rolling out with the update KB5029351 for Windows 11 22H2:
- Adds new functionality that affects app defaults.
- Adds a new hover behavior to the search box gleam. When you hover over it, the search flyout box appears. You can adjust this behavior by right clicking the taskbar. Then choose Taskbar settings to change your search box experience.
- Release adds a new policy called “Enable optional updates.” Administrators can use it to configure the monthly, optional cumulative updates for commercial devices. You can also use this policy for the gradual Controlled Feature Rollouts (CFR).
- Makes daylight saving time (DST) changes for Israel.
- Addresses an issue that affects the Group Policy Service. It will not wait for 30 seconds, which is the default wait time, for the network to be available. Because of this, policies are not correctly processed.
- Adds a new API for D3D12 Independent Devices. You can use it to create multiple D3D12 devices on the same adapter. To learn more, see D3D12 Independent Devices.
- Addresses an issue that affects a WS_EX_LAYERED window. The window might render with the wrong dimensions or at the wrong position. This occurs when you scale the display screen.
- Addresses an issue that affects print jobs that are sent to a virtual print queue. They fail without an error.
- Addresses an issue that causes high CPU use. This occurs when you enable the “fBlockNonDomain” policy.
- Addresses an issue that affects disk partitions. The system might stop working. This occurs after you delete a disk partition and add the space from the deleted partition to an existing BitLocker partition.
- Addresses an issue that causes Windows to fail. This occurs when you use BitLocker on a storage medium that has a large sector size.
- Addresses an issue that affects Remote Desktop sessions. Sometimes you receive a wrong error message when you try to sign in to a session.
- Addresses an issue that affects the search icon. When you select it, the Search app does not open. This occurs after a machine has been asleep.
- Improves the reliability of the Search app.
- Addresses an issue that affects the TAB key. Using it to browse search results requires additional actions.
- Addresses an issue that affects Narrator. It does not give distinct context between the search box on the taskbar and search highlights within the search box.
- Addresses an issue that affects Start menu icons. They are missing after you sign in for the first time.
- Addresses an issue that affects settings. They do not sync even if you turn on the toggle on the Windows backup page in the Settings app.
- Addresses an issue that affects the Resultant Set of Policy (RSOP). The Windows LAPS “BackupDirectory” policy setting was not being reported. This occurs when the setting is set to 1, which is “Back up to AAD.”
Install Windows 11 build 22000.2213
If you want to download and install the Windows 11 build 22000.2213, open the “Windows Update” settings on a device enrolled in the Stable Channel Channel and click the “Check for Updates” button.